what is a Mamoosh?

Chloe & Eagan have given me the cutest mommy nickname... it's a cross between mommy & woosh = Mamoosh

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Family Fun Night

The kids and I started a little thing last year called Family Fun Night!  We attempted to do it once a week, just the kids and I, hangin' out, having fun together, talking and laughing. 
Well, with summer activities and late nights that flew out the window so fast... i hardly saw it go.
Anyways,,,, we did our 2nd first one tonight and what a blast.
1. Dress-up...
Eagan had on all camoflauge, a red sparkly belt, bandanas on his writst, a backpack filled with goodies, and a batman cape,   oh, and don't forget the camo hat.
Chloe had a new Minnesota Vikings cap on ( don't get me started on t his one, she followed Favre...) and all kinds of necklaces.
Mama had a red bandana on my head with "mouse ears" on top!  Dress up beads all over my neck and wrists along with bandanas tied on my forearms. 
it was a sight to see! 
2.  Board games...
We started with Dora Memory... and Eagan only lasted about half way through,  attention is gone!!
We moved into Scooby Doo Bingo which is always fun...   B - Dog Bone .... BINGO!!
3.  Movie...
popcorn is done and Camp Rock 2 is on. 

What a great time to connect, talk, observe, and just be.. with my kids.  What a blessing they are and what a blessing it is that we can have nights like this. 

i intend on doing this weekly with them and making it a priority.  am trying to foster an environment of honest communication, respect, and committment to family.  hope this is the road to get us there... guess i will find out in about 12 yrs!!
Lord help me!!

"Mom, when can i get a dirtbike?" asked 9/4/10
Chloe - my beautiful princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment